Sunday, January 5, 2014

FALLING IN LOVE ON THE ROAD


      Being on the road and trying to find a lasting relationship, is one of the hardest things to accomplish for a travel nurse. I've had my share of heartaches while being out on the road and it is one of the hardest things to go through. With no family or friends around to go to when your relationship falls apart, living in a strange town not knowing anyone that your close to, and being so far away from home, it can make it seem like the world is falling apart around you. With this last heart break of mine, which has hit me hard, I wonder if it's even worth it anymore. Should I just forget about ever finding someone while on the road? Should I settle down back home in order to have more luck and make it easier to date again? Is love even worth it anymore? Not sure if I even want to try my hand at it again to be honest. This last relationship had me wanting to settle down and try to make a normal life with someone, because at the end of the day we all want to find that person to share our future with.
Fortunately though, I am a romantic at heart and I believe one day it will be my time. I have to believe there is someone out there wanting a funny, outgoing, outdoorsy, self sufficient, blonde adventurer like me. It's just not the right time for me right now. So yes, I still believe in love and I believe you can have a relationship while being a travel nurse. I see couples everyday happy with each other and happy traveling all over the country together. I know it can be done, but is it for everyone? Of course not! So if I find that special person to settle down with who loves adventure and to travel like I do, then that is great. I am one of the lucky ones! But if I find someone who wants me to plant my roots in one spot and who deems worthy of me doing so, I will for the sake of love. Now all I can do is wait to see what the universe has in store for me. For now I will continue to travel nurse and hope that love finds me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment